July 17th-20th, 2018
The Legal Ethics Training Programme is a Four-day interactive course aimed at introducing students to the main principles and rules governing professional legal practice. It is run by the African Centre on Law and Ethics.
The Programme topics will include:
• a practical introduction to the Ghana Bar Code of Ethics;
• a comparative look at regulation and enforcement in Ghana and other countries; such as the US, UK and France;
• the relationship between attorneys and judges;
• in-house counsel perspectives of legal and business ethics;
• knowing and engaging clients;
• Confidentiality or Attorney-Client privilege and the work product doctrine;
• avoidance of conflicts of interest;
• pro bono and corporate responsibility.
A detailed schedule of the Programme will be published soon.