July 18-21, 2017
Judicial Training Institute, Accra, Ghana
The Legal Ethics Training Programme is a Four-day interactive course aimed at introducing students to the main principles and rules governing professional legal practice.
The Programme topics will include:
• a practical introduction to the Ghana Bar Code of Ethics;
• a comparative look at regulation and enforcement in Ghana and other countries; such as the US, UK and France;
• the relationship between attorneys and judges;
• in-house counsel perspectives of legal and business ethics;
• knowing and engaging clients;
• Confidentiality or Attorney-Client privilege and the work product doctrine;
• avoidance of conflicts of interest;
• pro bono and corporate responsibility.
A detailed schedule of the Programme will be published soon.